Classic Southwestern Bake with Green Chile Sauce
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (15 oz.) can Stokes Green Chile Sauce with Chicken
- 4 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- Sour cream and guacamole (as desired)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine shredded chicken and Stokes Green Chile Sauce with chicken and heat thoroughly.
- Grease a large casserole dish and place 4 of the tortillas in a single layer, cover with 1/3 of the chicken and sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Cover this first layer with 4 more tortillas, repeat filling and cheese.
- Cover with remaining 4 tortillas and remaining filling.
- Place casserole in oven until cheese melts.
- Garnish with each serving with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and guacamole.