- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup warm water
- Oil for frying
- 1 (15 oz.) can Stokes Green Chile Sauce of your choice
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- Gradually add in the water. Add only enough water to make the dough stick together.
- Knead dough until smooth, make into four fist size balls. Cover them with a kitchen towel for 10 to 20 minutes then pat them out into circles about the size of a pancake.
- Fill a skillet with about one inch of oil and heat to 350 degrees. Punch a small hole in the middle of each piece of dough before cooking in oil.
- Brown on both sides then drain on a paper towel.
- Heat the Stokes Green Chile Sauce of your choice on the stove or in a microwave safe container.
- Serve by topping each piece of fry bread with chili sauce, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese.